References in periodicals archive ?
Upon the death of Lincoln's 11-year-old son Willie in 1862, (http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/education/williedeath.htm) he had the boy's body embalmed .
No longer is nearly every body embalmed, nor does nearly every funeral involve a visitation at the funeral home.
Histological and morphological studies have been conducted comparing muscle fibers and tendons in fresh frozen cadavers embalmed with the Thiel method and with formalin, trying to identify anomalies in the tissue that explain the mobility of Thiel-embalmed cadavers.
"It has been decided that the body of the comandante will be embalmed so that it remains eternally on view for the people at the museum," Maduro said in statement to State TV.
Referring to an email he sent to the British embassy stating his intention to have his wife's body embalmed, Mr Coutts-Wood asked him: "Was the purpose of that email, to get your wife's body embalmed, an attempt by you to cover up any toxicology that could be done?" "No," Mr Cadman-Jones said.
Those found with coupons on their person were embalmed and prepared for shipment back home to their families.
When a loved one dies I want to see their face embalmed and made up in the casket one last time before burial.
Bekisa Dwangu, who was trained by van der Kemp, further clarified what happens to the body as it is embalmed:
Stunned police in Kenmare were tipped o that he was living with the embalmed corpse in a rented at.
The National Funeral Director's Association estimates that two million Americans are embalmed each year.
THE man who embalmed Diana, Princess of Wales, told her inquest he regretted not waiting to get the official written go ahead.
His body was embalmed, his hair bleached white and he was reportedly buried in a special metal casket paid for by Bob Dylan.
It will tell us about the religious plants and herbs used by ancient Egyptians, what they wore, how they wove it, how they embalmed the dead," she said.
Even in Los Angeles, Herms has been largely ignored as a potential influence on Mike Kelley's saliva-stained stuffed toys, Jason Meadows's animalistic abstractions, or Jedediah Caesar's geodes of studio debris embalmed in resin.
The result is that some wards in Tokyo have already passed edicts stating that for all victims of homicides and suicides, the bodies must be embalmed so as to preserve key evidence until the police are finished with their investigations.
Idioms browser ?
- eleventh-hour decision
- elicit (something) from (someone)
- elicit from
- eliminate (someone or something) from (something)
- eliminate from
- elope with
- elope with (someone)
- eloquent silence, an
- Elvis has left the building
- Elysian Fields
- emanate from
- emanate from (someone or something)
- emancipate (someone) from (something)
- emancipate from
- embalming fluid
- embark for
- embark for (some place)
- embark on
- embark on (something)
- embarrass (one) about (something)
- embarrass (someone) into (doing something)
- embarrass (someone) with (something)
- embarrass about
- embarrass into doing
- embarrass with
- embarrassed about (something)
- embarrassment of riches
- embarrassment of riches, an
- embed in
- embed in (someone or something)
- embellish with
- embellish with (something)
- embezzle (something) from (someone or something)
Full browser ?
- Emballage & Conditionnement du Sud-Est
- Emballage Bois Service
- Emballage Condition Plastique
- Emballage Convoyage Industriel
- Emballage Diffusion Création
- Emballage Moderne Transparent
- Emballages Artisanals du Bois de Vot
- Emballages Europe Express
- Emballages Ménagers Recyclables
- Emballages Plastiques d'Heudreville
- Emballages Vides de Produits Phytosanitaires
- Emballages-Arts Graphiques
- Embalming chemicals
- Embalming fluid
- Embalming fluid
- Embalse del Río Negro