dump(redirected from dumps something)
1. noun, slang Any building that is or looks very run-down or decrepit. Why they decided to move their office into a dump like this is beyond me. I know this place is a dump, but it's all we could afford.
2. noun, slang Any building or room, especially a residential one, that is extremely untidy and unclean. This room is a dump, Bradley! You're not going anywhere until you've cleaned it! Their apartment was so nice when they first moved in, but they've let it turn into a real dump over the years.
3. noun, rude slang An act or instance of defecation. Be right back, I've got to go take a dump.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. tv. & in. to empty one’s stomach; to vomit. She turned green, and I knew she was going to dump.
2. in. to defecate. (see also dump one’s load.) He dumped and then came back.
3. n. an act of defecation. (Usually objectionable.) He had a dump and then came back.
4. n. a low or cheap establishment; a joint. My mama didn’t raise me to spend the rest of my days in a run-down dump like this.
tv. throw it away. We don’t need it. Get rid of it! Dump it!
See also: dump
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- brain dump
- do a dump on (someone or something)
- do a dump on someone/something
- drop (something) in (someone's) lap
- drop/dump something in somebody's lap
- drop/fall into somebody's lap
- dump (something) in (someone's) lap
- dump a/(one's) load
- dump all over (someone or something)
- dump all over someone/something
- Dump it
- dump load
- dump on
- dump on (someone or something)
- dump on someone
- dump on someone/something
- dump one's load
- dump out
- dumped on
- granny dumping
- homeless dumping
- info dump
- Let's dump
- let's dump (someone or something)
- patient dumping
- take a dump
- toxic waste dump