Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. verb, slang To end one's friendship with someone. Yeah, I did drop Kelly, but only because our friendship was so toxic.
2. verb, slang To punch someone and cause them to fall down. I can't believe that skinny kid dropped the bully with just one punch!
3. verb, slang To take acid (LSD) or a similar drug. Now that I'm trying to get clean, I can't be around those guys anymore—they're always dropping acid.
4. verb, slang To kill someone or something. I dropped the informant, boss, don't worry—he'll never talk to the police again.
5. noun, slang An agreed-upon location where one can collect drugs or other such items. I thought this was the drop the dealer had told me to go to, but nothing's here.
6. noun An advantage or edge over someone or something. Always used with "the." Those thugs only beat me up because they got the drop on me—it wasn't a fair fight.
7. noun, slang A small amount of liquor. Just give me a drop of that in a shot glass.
mod. arrested. Harry the Horse was dropped only once last year.
See also: drop