drive (one) back to (someone)(redirected from drive us back to)
drive (one) back to (someone)
To impel someone to return to someone else, such as a former lover or spouse. An intense feeling of longing during their trial separation is what drove her back to her husband.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
drive someone back to someone
to force someone to return to someone, such as a spouse, lover, parent, etc. Her bad experience with her new friend drove her back to her husband. Being homeless was no fun, and soon Wally was driven back to his parents.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- brief (someone) about (someone or something)