drive away(redirected from drive me away)
1. To leave some place in a vehicle. Once my parents had driven away, I called all of my friends and invited them over.
2. To transport someone or something from some place in a vehicle. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "drive" and "away." Can we call Animal Control to drive away the raccoons that we've trapped?
3. To entice someone or something to leave some place. What can we do to drive away these troublesome raccoons?
drive someone (or an animal) away
(from something or some place) to repel someone or an animal from something or some place. We drove the monkeys away from the pineapples. We drove away the monkeys from the fruit.
to leave some place driving a vehicle. They got in the car and drove away. They drove away and left us here.
1. To leave a place in a vehicle: We got in our car after the party and drove away.
2. To take someone or something away in a vehicle: The farmer drove the puppies away to their new home. The police drove away the criminals in their van.
3. To repel someone or something: We drove the bugs away with insect repellent. The smell drove away trespassers.