drive around(redirected from drive him around)
1. To drive someone to different places or sights in a vehicle. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is used between "drive" and "around." When I visited my dad in Philadelphia, he drove me around and showed me all of the historical sites.
2. To travel through different parts of an area in a vehicle. Our neighborhood was so congested tonight that I had to drive around for half an hour before I found a parking space.
3. To drive aimlessly. Ever since Jack got his license, he spends most of his free time just driving around with his friends.
drive someone around something
to transport a person in a vehicle on a tour of something or some place. Fred will drive you around the city to see the sights. He spent an hour driving himself around town.
drive something around something
1. . to steer or propel something around something. Wally drove the small car around the post easily. Please drive your truck around the corner carefully.
2. to go in a vehicle through different parts of a place. He drove his new car around town, hoping everyone would see it. We drove the car around the parade route twice so everyone could get a good look at it.