draw attention to (oneself, someone, or something)(redirected from drawing attention to me)
draw attention to (oneself, someone, or something)
To induce others to look at or focus on oneself, someone, or something. Because Alison was late, she crept into the conference room quietly, in an attempt to avoid drawing attention to herself. I put the blanket there strategically to avoid drawing attention to the stain on the couch.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
draw someone's attention to someone or something
to attract someone to notice or focus on someone or something. Now, I would like to draw your attention to Fred, the gentleman we have all heard so much about. Could I draw your attention to the statue standing at the entrance?
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open for (something)
- leave oneself wide open for
- leave open
- leave yourself wide open to something
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open to (something)
- reproach (someone or something) with (something)
- reproach with
- keep in sight
- keep sight of
- keep sight of (someone or something)