drag(redirected from drag on*to pull or lead)
A person, thing, or task that is tedious or boring. I don't know who invited this guy to the party. He is a such a drag! I know cleaning out the garage is a drag, but it has to be done.
See also: drag
(on someone ) a burden (to someone). I wish you wouldn 't be such a drag on your friends. I don't want to be a drag on the department.
someone or something on(to) something and drag someone or something on*to pull or lead someone or something to a particular place, such as a stage, platform, dance floor, etc. The master of ceremonies dragged her onto the stage for another bow. Then he dragged on the next performer.
1. n. something dull and boring. What a drag. Let’s go someplace interesting.
2. n. an annoying person; a burdensome person. (see also schlep.) Gert could sure be a drag when she wanted.
3. n. a (female) date. You got a drag for the dance yet?
4. n. a puff of a cigarette. One more drag and he coughed for a while and stubbed out the fag.
5. tv. to pull or puff on a cigarette. She dragged a couple and sat in the funk for a while.
6. tv. to race a car against someone; to race someone in a car. I’m planning to drag you at the fairgrounds next Saturday. Better be there.
To act or work with intentional slowness; delay.
- a drag
- a drag on someone
- a drag on something
- a knock-down, drag-out fight
- bag ass out of somewhere
- be dragged kicking and screaming
- be dragged through the mud
- be dragging (one's) feet
- be dragging your feet
- cop a drag
- drag (one) over the coals
- drag (one's) ass
- drag (one's) feet
- drag (one's) heels
- drag (one's) name through the mire
- drag (one's) name through the mud
- drag (one's) tail
- drag (oneself) up by (one's) (own) bootstraps
- drag (someone or something) away
- drag (someone or something) through the dirt
- drag (someone) into (something)
- drag (someone) kicking and screaming
- drag ass
- drag ass around
- drag ass out of somewhere
- drag away
- drag down
- drag in
- drag king
- drag on
- drag one's ass
- drag one's feet
- drag out
- drag queen
- drag someone kicking and screaming
- drag someone or something through the dirt
- drag up
- drag your feet
- drag your feet/heels
- drag/pull yourself up by your bootstraps
- dragged out
- in drag
- knock-down drag-out
- knockdown drag-out fight
- knock-down, drag-out fight
- like something the cat brought/dragged in
- like something the cat dragged in
- Look at what the cat dragged in!
- look like something the cat dragged in
- look like the cat dragged in
- Look what the cat dragged in!
- look what the cat('s) dragged in
- look what the cat's dragged in
- main drag
- take a drag
- take a drag (on something)
- wild horses couldn't drag (one) away (from something)
- wild horses couldn't drag (one) to (something)
- Wild horses couldn't drag away
- wild horses couldn't drag me
- wild horses won't drag someone to something
- wild horses wouldn't drag (one) to (something)