dope up(redirected from doped one up)
1. slang To give or dispense drugs to someone or something. This phrase can be used in reference to both legal and illegal drugs. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "dope" and "up." The doctor must have doped me up with some good stuff because I'm not in any pain at all now. I don't remember last night's party at all—someone must have doped me up.
2. slang To purchase illegal drugs. I doped up today, so I've got plenty for the concert tonight, don't worry.
dope someone (or an animal) up
to give drugs to someone or an animal. Her parents doped her up with medicine so she would sleep through the night. It's dangerous to dope up a child night after night. The trainer got caught doping the horse up.
1. To administer drugs to someone or something: The coach doped the athletes up before the race, in violation of the rules. The nurse doped me up after my surgery.
2. To intoxicate someone with some drug: The kidnappers doped up their victim on sedatives. She doped herself up and went to a party. Does he always have to get doped up in order to enjoy himself?
3. To become intoxicated by taking some drug: The nervous passenger doped up on tranquilizers before the flight.
1. in. to inject drugs; to take a dose of a narcotic. (Drugs.) I’m hurting, man, I gotta dope up, now!
2. in. to purchase a supply of drugs. (Drugs.) Frank is doping up, himself. He doesn’t grow it himself, you know.