Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to dogs: Docs
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. verb To judge or criticize someone for something. Why are you dogging me about this? It's really not a big deal.
2. verb To follow or pursue someone. You've been dogging me since I left the gas station—what's your deal, man?
3. verb To persistently trouble someone. I really think she should see a therapist if memories of the accident keep dogging her like that.
4. noun Something of poor quality. That movie was a real dog—I left before it was over.
5. noun An unattractive or unappealing female. I'm not asking that girl out—she's a real dog!
6. noun, slang The phone. The term comes from rhyming slang in which "dog" is short for "dog and bone," which rhymes with "phone." Primarily heard in UK, Australia. Is that the dog? Can someone answer it? My sister has been blabbing on the dog for hours every night ever since she got a boyfriend. It's so annoying.
The feet. Boy, are my dogs tired after all that walking!
See also: dog
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.