distance (oneself) from (someone or something)(redirected from distance herself from something)
distance (oneself) from (someone or something)
To limit engagement or association (or the appearance thereof) between oneself and someone or something. Politicians have been quick to distance themselves from the senator ever since news of her drug scandal broke. The company, trying to build up its environmentally-friendly image, has been distancing itself from its past connections to the oil industry.
See also: distance
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- leave oneself wide open for
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open for (something)
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open to (something)
- leave open
- leave yourself wide open to something
- reproach (someone or something) with (something)
- reproach with
- wash one's hands of
- wash your hands of
- wash your hands of somebody/something