discharge(redirected from dischargee)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Related to dischargee: discharge
discharge (someone or something) from (something)
1. To release someone from something. Based on these X-rays, your foot has healed completely, and I can discharge you from my care.
2. To fire someone from a job. Phil was discharged from his job once he was caught embezzling money.
3. To shoot something from a gun. I discharged another bullet from my gun but still missed the target.
discharge (something) into (something)
To release something into a particular place or receptacle. It's good to keep house plants around because they discharge oxygen into the air.
discharge someone from something
1. . to fire someone from a job. The manager discharged Walter from his position with the bank. Walter was discharged from his job.
2. to permit a person to leave a place, such as a hospital or the armed service. They discharged her from the hospital today. She was well enough to be discharged from the hospital.
discharge something from something
to fire a round from a gun. I discharged two bullets from the gun accidentally. Randy discharged about twenty rounds from his automatic rifle.
discharge something into something
to let something out of something into something else. She discharged some nitrogen from the tank into the laboratory by accident. The technician discharged oxygen into the atmosphere.