Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One who is stupid or foolish. Geez, he keeps pulling on a door that's clearly marked "push"—what a ding-a-ling.
2. vulgar slang A penis. I don't want to see your ding-a-ling—pull up your pants!
1. noun One who is stupid or foolish. Geez, he keeps pulling on a door that's clearly marked "push"—what a ding-dong.
2. noun, vulgar slang A penis. I don't want to see your ding-dong—pull up your pants!
3. adjective Characterized by the rapid exchange of something. Geez, I can't keep up with their ding-dong arguing.
One who is stupid or foolish. Geez, he keeps pulling on a door that's clearly marked "push"—what a dinghead.
1. In mining, the main source of a mineral in a given area. We haven't hit the mother lode of silver quite yet—but we will!
2. By extension, an abundance of something. I wasn't looking to expand my record collection, but I sure hit the mother lode when I cleaned out my parents' attic! It's an exciting time to be a researcher in this field, as a mother lode of new data was recently released.
1. slang A wild or lavish party, festivity, or celebration. The popstar is known for throwing the wildest wingdings in all of California. I'm glad you had fun at your little wingding, but you and your friends nearly destroyed our house!
2. slang By extension, anything great, wild, or excessive. Usually used in the form "a wingding of a…." Mary and I had a wingding of a fight over the finances last night. We were expecting a wingding of a party, but it turned out to be pretty lame.
1. tv. to shoot, dent, or knock something. The rock dinged my left fender.
2. tv. to negate; to cast out; to blemish. The reviewer dinged the book, but it sold well anyway.
3. n. a dent or blemish. The hail put a lot of dings in the hood of my car.
n. a stupid person; a giddy person who hears bells. This ding-a-ling comes up and asks me for a dollar for the orphans. I tell her I got all the orphans I can use at any price.
1. n. the penis. (Usually objectionable.) He held his hands over his ding-dong and ran for the bedroom.
2. n. a stupid person of either sex. You silly ding-dong! Try again.
3. mod. damned. (A euphemism.) Get your ding-dong junk outa my way!
n. a stupid person. Shut up, you stupid dinghead.
1. n. a love affair; a sexual affair. Sam and Martha brought their little whing-ding to an end.
2. n. a gadget. I’ve never seen one of these little wing-dings so banged up.
3. and whinger n. a wild drinking party; drinking spree. Fred had one of the best whing-dings this town has ever seen.