sit right (with one)(redirected from didn't sit right with)
sit right (with one)
To be acceptable, agreeable, or permissible to one; to seem correct, appropriate, or prudent. Typically used in negative constructions. Something about the whole arrangement just didn't sit right, so I decided to investigate the matter further. As long as the plan sits right with my advisors, I'm happy to sign off on it. Something you said doesn't sit right with us.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
sit right with someone
Fig. [for something] to be acceptable or understandable to someone. (Very close to sit well with someone.) What you just said doesn't really sit right with me. Let's talk about it. It didn't sit right with the boss.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- (one's) type
- take it with (one) (when one goes)
- take it with one
- (not) know jack (about someone or something)
- (not) know jack all (about someone or something)
- (not) know jack shit (about someone or something)
- the first thing about (someone or something)
- look past the end of (one's) nose
- see past the end of (one's) nose