denude(redirected from denuding)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
denude (someone or something) of (something)
To remove something from someone or something. I denuded myself of my wet clothes and got into the shower. It's strange to finally see our walls denuded of wallpaper.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
denude someone or something of something
to strip something from someone or something. The prison guards denuded the new prisoner of his garments. The wind denuded the trees of their leaves.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- denude (someone or something) of (something)
- denude of
- a walking
- a walking (something)
- (someone or something) promises well
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (have) got something going (with someone)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- accompanied by (someone or something)