deny (oneself)(redirected from denies himself)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
To deprive oneself (of something). I'm denying myself desserts right now, while I'm on this diet. Learning to deny yourself is an integral part of Lent.
See also: deny
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- address comments or remarks to
- address (one's) comments to (someone or something)
- address (one's) remarks to (someone or something)
- (the) odds are against (something)
- an attorney who represents himself has a fool for a client
- a run on (something)
- a rush on (something)
- (as) serious as a heart attack