deadhead(redirected from dead-heading)
Also found in: Dictionary.
1. verb To drive a vehicle that is empty of freight or passengers. Can you deadhead this truck back to its point of origin?
2. noun One who is regarded as dumb, dull, or stupid. Did you see the guy who's wearing two different shoes? What a deadhead.
3. noun A fan of the rock band the Grateful Dead. I used to be a deadhead when I was younger, but I've lost interest in the Grateful Dead over the years.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a stupid person. Wow, are you a deadhead!
2. tv. & in. [for someone] to return an empty truck, train, airplane, etc., to where it came from. I deadheaded back to Los Angeles.
3. n. a follower of the rock group the Grateful Dead. My son is a deadhead and travels all over listening to these guys.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.