Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. verb To stop doing something. You better cut these antics before your father gets home. Cut the eye-rolling, will you?
2. verb To make a recording of something, usually musical. Our band is going out to LA to cut a demo.
3. noun A portion of the profits from something, such as a business venture. I better get a cut of this deal—I came up with the original concept!
4. noun A single song on an album or other compilation. Here's a cut from their latest record.
5. adjective, slang Circumcised. Guys who aren't cut can be self-conscious.
6. adjective, slang Having well-defined muscles, especially the abdominals. Did you see that lifeguard with his shirt off? He's really cut!
7. adjective, slang Drunk. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were really cut!
slang Well-defined muscles, especially the abdominals. Did you see that lifeguard with his shirt off? His cuts are ridiculous!
See also: cut
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. sharply defined musculature, especially in the abdominal area. Look at the cuts on that guy! What great abs!
See also: cut
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.