cry over spilt milk(redirected from crying over spilt milk)
cry over spilt milk
To be upset over something that cannot be fixed, often something minor. Please calm down, you're just crying over spilt milk. We already submitted the report, so we can't fix it now. A: "Why is Hannah so upset?" B: "Oh, she's just crying over spilt milk. She just fell down and ripped her stockings—she'll be fine."
don't cry over spilled milk
Don't be upset over something that cannot be fixed. Said especially of something trivial or minor. Oh, honey, you just ripped your stockings a little. You'll be fine—don't cry over spilled milk. Don't go crying over spilled milk. We already submitted the report, so we can't fix it now.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
cry over spilt (or spilled) milklament or make a fuss about a misfortune that has happened and that cannot be changed or reversed.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a crack at (someone or something)
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- (do) (you) want to make something of it?
- a bird in hand
- a bird in the hand
- add in
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)