cry before (one) is hurt(redirected from cry before he is hurt)
cry before (one) is hurt
To bemoan something before it happens. Stop crying before you're hurt—wait and see how she treats you at the birthday party.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
cry before one is hurt
Fig. to cry or complain needlessly, before one is injured. Bill always cries before he's hurt. There is no point in crying before one is hurt.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- cry before one is hurt
- it doesn't hurt to (have or do something)
- have too much of a good thing
- it wouldn't hurt to (have or do something)
- do (something) for the best
- do, mean, etc. something for the best
- too much of a good thing
- it won't hurt to (have or do something)
- it won't/wouldn't hurt somebody to do something
- it's not funny