Also found in: Dictionary, Wikipedia.
1. noun An especially energetic style of hip hop that incorporates electronic sounds and synthesizers, along with shouted lyrics. It originated in the southern US. Lil Jon's song "Get Low" is often credited with popularizing crunk. Crunk is my favorite music to dance to in the club.
2. adjective, slang Wild and lacking restraint. Woo, that party last night was crunk—I've never had so much fun!
3. adjective, slang Drunk. Although the etymology of "crunk" is debated, it may be a portmanteau of "crazy" and "drunk." Do you remember last night at all? You were really crunk.
1. mod. wild; crazy; out of control. (The word itself has many uses, each freshly misunderstood or derived earlier senses. It could be a blend of crud + junk, crazy + drunk, or other words, such as being a pseudo past participle of crank cocaine. There is an “energy drink” called crunk, and it claimed that the whole phenomenon is related to an extremely energetic Atlanta hip-hop star.) He’s acting crunk. Don’t let him drive!
2. mod. drunk. They went out and got totally crunk to celebrate.
3. mod. hip; cool; totally excellent. Man, this CD is crunk!
4. in. to get excited or hyped up. This brother is really crunking.