cruise by(redirected from cruise by you)
1. To overtake or pass someone or something with ease. In this usage, "cruise by" is typically followed by a noun or pronoun. We've lost so many games lately that two other teams have cruised by us in the standings.
2. To pass or happen quickly or rapidly. Now that graduation is approaching, it feels like four years of college just cruised by.
3. To visit someone for a short period of time, often with no advance notice. I didn't get to talk to Heather for very long because she just cruised by on her way to work.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. To pass quickly, as of a moving object or an interval of time: The vacation cruised by, and when I returned to work, it seemed as though I had never left.
2. To pass someone or something quickly and easily: The second-place car cruised by the leader on the final lap.
3. To visit briefly, often unexpectedly: My friend cruised by for a cup of coffee. I cruised by the office to pick up my briefcase.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.