crown (someone or something) with (something)(redirected from crowned me with)
crown (someone or something) with (something)
1. Literally, to adorn one's head with a crown. The headmaster crowned the May Queen with roses during the ceremony.
2. By extension, to top something with something. What do you want the architect to crown the column with?
3. To hit one violently in the head. When the strange man came closer, I crowned him with a baseball bat.
crown someone with something
1. Lit. to place a crown on someone's head. They crowned the prince with the heavily jeweled royal crown.
2. Fig. to strike someone on the head with something. She crowned him with a skillet. The carpenter crowned himself with a board he knocked loose.
crown something with something
Fig. to place something on the very top of something. (As if crowning royalty.) The chef crowned the cake with golden icing.