crowd(redirected from crowding)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to crowding: Crowding out
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
informal To harass, pressure, or assail one. The detectives tried crowding the suspect for a confession, but he wouldn't say a word. My anxiety has been crowding me so much lately that I can barely get anything done.
See also: crowd
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. tv. to pressure or threaten someone. Frank began to crowd Sam, which was the wrong thing to do.
2. tv. to gang up on someone. They moved in from all sides, carrying clubs, and began to crowd us.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- alone in a crowd
- crowd (on) sail
- crowd (one)
- crowd (someone or something) out of (something)
- crowd around
- crowd around (someone or something)
- crowd in
- crowd in some place
- crowd into (something or some place)
- crowd out
- crowd out of
- crowd pleaser
- crowd sail
- crowd the mourners
- crowd through
- crowd together
- crowd up
- crowd with
- crowd with (someone or something)
- far from the madding crowd
- follow the crowd
- follow/go with the crowd
- go with the crowd
- pass in a crowd
- play to the crowd
- play to the gallery
- stand out from the crowd
- the wrong crowd
- three's a crowd
- Two is company, three's a crowd
- two's company(, three's a crowd)
- two's company, three's a crowd
- work the crowd