References in periodicals archive ?
Yet there was also a moving sense of gravitas in this presentation, much of it attributable to the authoritative conducting of Daniele Rosina, marshalling his forces (the orchestra including schoolchildren violinists amidst more experienced players, the chorus peopled with throngs of adorable little animals, the soloists -- some of them very young -- willing and accomplished, and us, the croaky congregation) with such calm charisma and enthusiasm.
This time he's joined by a band, but he's still a croaky, adult Jackanory storyteller at heart.
To begin with my mouth went up and down and there wasn't a lot coming out, but the voice is a lot better now, although it's still a bit croaky.
She was hitting most of the notes, yes her throat was a little croaky.
It was a fairly rocky start to begin with, because to begin with I sort of had a croaky note but that was because I had a cold.
And despite a rather croaky version of Coldplay hit Yellow she avoided the dreaded sing-off.
I rang him yesterday morning and he was really croaky," said manager Brian Havelock.
A pensioner with a comb-over and a croaky voice is wanted by police.
Redbone applies his croaky Crosby crooning charm to a well-chosen selection of Tin Pan Alley tunes, most of them little-known to anybody under the age of 70.
STAR TURN NICK ROBINSON Back on TV on Monday night, with his voice still croaky after cancer treatment.
Sonically, it's also inventive, with the ragga rhythms and itchy beats of Sometimes, the croaky beat poet flow of Home and the Chris Brown-like smoothness of Damn, Girl.
The croaky voiced musician wrote all the songs and played nearly all the instruments on the album - save for a few guests including good friends Shirley Manson, from Garbage, and Emily Kokal, from Warpaint lending a hand on backing vocals.
The 43-year-old even appears to have a croaky voice.
They are fully fitted with a voice modulator to create the trademark croaky Dalek voice and also have working lights and moving eyes.
AND whooped till I was croaky with Mags Barksby (above) while watching Mickey and his friends on ice at the big arena.
Idioms browser ?
- cricket on the hearth
- crime does not pay
- crime doesn't pay
- cringe away from
- cringe away from (someone or something)
- cringe before
- cringe before (someone or something)
- crinkle up
- criss-cross applesauce
- criticize (one) for (something)
- criticize for
- crock of shit
- crock someone/something up
- crock up
- crocodile tears
- crook one's elbow
- crooked as a barrel of fish hooks
- crop out
- crop up
- cross (one) (up)
- cross (one's) bows
- cross (one's) fingers
- cross (one's) mind
- cross (one's) palm
Full browser ?
- Croaker fish
- Croaker fish
- Croaker fish
- Croaker Landing
- Croatan National Forest
- Croatia Airlines
- Croatia Anti-Fascist Resistance Day
- Croatia Independence Day
- Croatia Statehood Day
- Croatia Victory and Homeland Thanksgiving Day
- Croatia Zagreb
- Croatian Academic and Research Network
- Croatian Air Force
- Croatian American Charitable Foundation
- Croatian American Cultural Center
- Croatian Army
- Croatian Association for Heraldry and Vexillology
- Croatian Association for the Promotion of Patients' Rights
- Croatian Association of Computer Science in Sport
- Croatian Association of University Women
- Croatian Bible Society
- Croatian Club for International Cooperation
- Croatian Commercial Network
- Croatian Competition Agency
- Croatian Democratic Union of Bosnia and Herzegovina