cry out for (someone or something)(redirected from cries out for you)
cry out for (someone or something)
1. To express a want or need (which is typically stated after "for"). I've been rocking the baby for an hour, but she's still crying out for her mother.
2. To be in need of something. My hair is just crying out for a trim—it's been too long since my last trip to the salon.
3. To encourage someone or something (to do something). The singer's fans cried out for him to take the stage.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
cry out for someone or something
1. to shout praise or encouragement for someone or something. Everyone in the street cried out for the mayor to make an appearance.
2. to shout out demands for someone or something. The children cried out for ice cream. The mob was crying out for justice when they heard the unpopular sentences of the judge.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.