credit to (someone or something)(redirected from credited to them)
credit to (someone or something)
1. verb To apply a payment to a financial account belonging to someone or something. Now, which account should I credit this payment to?
2. verb To give someone praise, admiration, or acknowledgement for some task, achievement, or accomplishment. Jenny did all the hard parts of the project, so we need to credit the work to her.
3. noun A valuable member of something. Anyone who's not a credit to this committee will be removed from it.
credit something to someone or something
1. Lit. to record a sum owed to the account of someone or something. I will credit this payment to your account. I am afraid that I accidentally credited your payment to George.
2. Fig. to give someone or something well-deserved praise. The entire organization credited much praise to Jeff. We had to credit much of our success to simple good luck.
credit to someone or something
of value or benefit to someone or something; of enough value or worth as to enhance someone or something. I always want to be a credit to my school. John is not what you would call a credit to his family.