crazy(redirected from crazier)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. adjective Mentally deranged or unstable; insane. Potentially offensive. I know everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I'm absolutely positive that the government is covering this up! Not even 30 years ago, people with autism were simply written off as being crazy.
2. adjective, informal Exceptionally odd, eccentric, or bizarre. I don't mind being seen as the crazy one of the family. I just live life the way I want to. Wow, that movie had one of the craziest, most surreal plots I've ever seen.
3. adjective, informal Characterized by intense or disproportionate enthusiasm, excitement, or wild activity. Fans are going crazy over the latest album from the famous pop star. The party last night was absolutely crazy! I can't believe we packed so many people into the house.
4. adjective, slang Extremely or unbelievably cool, great, or exciting. Man, that BMX rider pulled off some crazy tricks! Yo, this place is crazy! I've never stayed in such a nice hotel in my life!
5. adjective, informal Intensely or immoderately infatuated or preoccupied (with someone or something). Usually followed by "about." I hope Sarah is good to Tom, because he's obviously crazy about her. I've been crazy about trains ever since I was a young girl.
6. adjective, informal Totally impractical, unsound, or unrealistic. He's always got some crazy new scheme to get rich.
7. adjective, informal Extremely or unmanageably busy. Work has been absolutely crazy lately. It seems like the orders just keep coming in!
8. adverb, informal Extremely. That tech company has been coming up with some crazy cool stuff in recent years. The restaurant was crazy busy last night. I didn't get home until nearly 3 AM!
9. noun, informal A person who is insane or mentally deranged. Possibly offensive. The psychiatric hospital lets all the crazies out in the park near my house once a month. Everyone dismissed the conspiracy theorist as a crazy.
10. noun, slang An exceptionally odd, eccentric, unpredictable, or unstable person. The girl I've been seeing is really sweet and down to earth, but her sister is a total crazy. It's the crazies who give our political party a bad name.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a crazy person. The guy’s a crazy, and he keeps coming in here asking for money.
2. mod. cool. This stuff is really crazy, man. I love it!
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) crazy as a bedbug
- (as) crazy as a peach-orchard boar
- (just) crazy enough to work
- be as (something) as they come
- be crazy about (someone or something)
- be mad about (someone or something)
- color me (something)
- crazy about
- crazy about (someone or something)
- crazy about, be
- crazy as a bedbug
- crazy as a betsy bug
- crazy as a coot/loon
- crazy as a loon
- crazy bone
- crazy enough (that) it just might work
- crazy enough (that) it might actually work
- crazy enough (that) it might just work
- crazy for (someone or something)
- crazy in the head
- crazy like a fox
- crazy mixed-up kid
- drive (one) crazy
- drive crazy
- drive someone crazy
- funny bone
- go crazy
- go stir-crazy
- like crazy
- like crazy/mad
- plumb crazy
- so crazy (that) it just might work
- so crazy (that) it might actually work
- so crazy (that) it might just work
- stir crazy