crawl in(to) (some place or thing)(redirected from crawled in)
crawl in(to) (some place or thing)
1. To enter an area or thing on one's hands and knees. I can't fit in that tiny space so can you crawl in and get that box? The kids crawled into the tunnel and then went down the slide.
2. To get into one's bed. After moving boxes all day, I couldn't wait to crawl into bed and get some sleep.
3. To quickly put on an article of clothing. Adam crawled into his pants and ran out the door as soon as he heard the fire alarm.
crawl in(to something)
1. Lit. to enter a place crawling or creeping. The cat crawled into the room and meowed. The baby crawled in and tried to stand up.
2. Fig. to dress quickly in some kind of clothing. I crawled into my pants and threw on a shirt. He finally found his pants and crawled in.
3. Fig. to get into bed. At about ten o'clock, she crawled into bed. She pulled back the covers and crawled in.
See also: crawl