crapped out(redirected from crapped-out)
1. To lose on a roll of dice while playing craps (a gambling game). I had hoped to win some money tonight, but I crapped out pretty quickly.
2. rude slang Of a machine, to malfunction or break altogether. I'm afraid the blender is crapping out. It stopped working again today. She didn't come to the party because her car crapped out on the way here.
3. rude slang To break one's commitment to someone or something. He said that he would go to the birthday party with us but then crapped out at the last minute.
4. rude slang To die. I felt so sick when I had food poisoning that I thought I was going to crap out.
1. Exhausted. I had a long day at work, and I'm crapped out—any chance we can go out to dinner tomorrow night instead?
2. Dead. Hold on, the batteries in the remote are crapped out, so we're stuck on this channel for now.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
mod. dead; finished. (Not prenominal. From dice, not from the other senses of crap.) After a serious encounter with a rattlesnake, my two dogs were crapped by dawn.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.