Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to crap up: crap game
crap up (something)
1. To ruin, bungle, or spoil something. I really crapped up that project at work—I'm going to get fired for sure!
2. To overrun or obstruct a thing or place, as with clutter, garbage, or undesirable things. Would you stop crapping up our apartment with all your silly figurines?
1. Burden or clutter up, as in Jane crapped up the garden with plastic pink flamingos. [c. 1946]
2. Ruin or foul up, as in I've really crapped up this speech; can I just start over again? This idiom employs crap in the sense of "defecate." [ Vulgar slang; c. 1950]
v. Vulgar Slang
1. To bungle or make a mess of something: I really crapped up the project. It looks like they crapped it up again.
2. To fail to function properly: My computer crapped up on me, and I had to shut it down.