could (do something) with (one's) eyes closed(redirected from could do something with my eyes closed)
could (do something) with (one's) eyes closed
Is able to do something with very little or no difficulty, or complete or accomplish something in a relaxed, carefree, or effortless manner. It took me a little while to get used to this job, but now I could do it with my eyes closed! You should ask Johnny for help—he could do this level of math with his eyes closed.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
could do something with your eyes closedor
could do something with your eyes shut
COMMON If you say someone could do something with their eyes closed or with their eyes shut, you mean they can do it very easily. He started up the machine quickly and expertly. It was something he could do with his eyes closed. He's such an experience performer, he could do a show like this with his eyes shut.
Collins COBUILD Idioms Dictionary, 3rd ed. © HarperCollins Publishers 2012
- able to do (something) with (one's) eyes closed
- able to do with eyes closed
- able to do blindfolded
- able to (do something) blindfolded
- able to (do something) with (one's) eyes closed
- able to do (something) standing on (one's) head
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a crack at (someone or something)