cornball(redirected from cornballs)
Also found in: Dictionary.
1. adjective Trite or overly sentimental. No wonder they're not laughing at any of the jokes—Edward has such a cornball sense of humor.
2. noun One behaving in such a manner. Edward's such a cornball, no wonder they're not laughing at any of his jokes.
3. noun An unsophisticated person; a bumpkin or hick. I can't believe there are cornballs like you who have never been to a big city.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a stupid or corny person, especially if rural. Who invited this cornball to my party?
2. mod. stupid or corny. What a cornball idea!
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.