converge (up)on (someone or something)(redirected from converged upon her)
converge (up)on (someone or something)
1. To gather near something or someone as a destination, point of interest, or target of confrontation. Protestors converged on the senator, demanding his resignation over the scandal. Officials expect thousands of festivalgoers to converge on the rural fairgrounds.
2. To come together and merge at a focal point. In my nightmare, the shadows all converged upon themselves to form some horrific, singular entity.
See also: converge
converge (up)on someone or something
1. Lit. to gather near or around someone or something. (Upon is formal and less commonly used than on.) Everyone converged on the wounded sailor. The shoppers converged on the store as it opened for the big sale.
2. Fig. to meet on someone or something; to grow together so as to focus on someone or something. (Upon is formal and less commonly used than on.) Even political enemies converged on the matter of simplifying the tax code. Our discussions converged on Eric.
1. To come together from various places and assemble somewhere for a common purpose: Protesters converged on the park for a peace rally.
2. To attack someone or something from all sides: The police converged on the suspect.