consider (someone) for (something)
To contemplate giving something (often a particular job or role) to someone. I considered Walt for the promotion, but his constant lateness soon made me question that decision. Which actresses are you considering for the lead?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
consider someone for something
to think about offering someone a job, office, or other responsibility. Would you consider David for the job? I could not possibly consider you for the position.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- consider (someone) for (something)
- call (someone or something) into question
- call into question
- bring (someone or something) into question
- bring into question
- bring/call/throw something into question
- cast doubt on
- cast doubt on (someone or something)
- cast doubt
- have (any/some) bearing on (someone or something)