connect (up) with (someone or something)(redirected from connected with me)
connect (up) with (someone or something)
1. To have a positive or meaningful connection with someone, often quickly. I just don't connect with those people—I doubt we have anything in common. I connected with Ashley immediately, and we've been best friends ever since.
2. To communicate with someone. I've been having a hard time connecting with Stephanie, since she's been out of the office every time I've tried to call her.
3. To form a relationship or a group. I'm sure you'll be able to connect with other photography enthusiasts in your new town.
See also: connect
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
connect (up) with someone or something
1. to form an association with someone or a group. (The up is informal.) Let's connect up with some other people and form an organization through which we can express our views. We need to connect with like-minded people that can help us with our problems.
2. to meet with someone or a group; to communicate with someone or a group, especially over the telephone. I tried to connect up with Bob over the phone, but I could never reach him. We could not connect with the council to discuss these matters.
See also: connect
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
connect (with someone)
in. to meet someone; to talk to someone on the telephone. We connected over a drink and discussed the matter fully.
connect (with something)
in. [for a batter] to hit a ball. He swung but didn’t connect with the ball.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.