connect (up) to (someone or something)(redirected from connect to me)
connect (up) to (someone or something)
1. To physically join people or things together. A noun or pronoun can be used between "connect" and "to." The handcuffs kept the thief connected to the chair as he was questioned. If you don't connect this piece to that one, the base will be lopsided.
2. To be involved in or linked to something. A noun or pronoun can be used between "connect" and "to." Once he became connected to that scandal, his political career was over.
3. To successfully access a connection to something, such as electricity or the Internet. A noun or pronoun can be used between "connect" and "to." I'm having a hard time connecting to the Wi-Fi here.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
connect (up) to something
to attach to something; to attach or link something to some electrical device or electrical signal. When we finish the house, we will connect up to the utilities. We have to connect to the Internet ourselves.
connect someone or something(up) to someone or somethingand connect someone or something (up) with someone or something
1. Lit. to connect people or things in any combination, physically or by wires. The nurse connected Maggie up to the electrocardiograph. Eric connected the machine to the wall plug. The receptionist connected my call up to Susan.
2. Fig. to make a mental connection between people and things in any combination. I connected myself up to a person with similar interests. I often connect up Bob to sailing, because I first met him on a boat.
3. Fig. to argue that someone or something is linked to a criminal or a criminal act. I can connect Eric to the crime. The police connected the stolen goods to Susan.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.