Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
condense (something) (in)to (something)
To reduce something into fewer parts, or to make something smaller or shorter. You definitely need to condense this paper into a shorter version because you're currently 20 pages over the limit.
See also: condense
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
condense something (in)to something
to compress or reduce something to something; to shrink or abridge something into a smaller version. Condense this into half its original volume. You should condense this novel to a short story.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- condense (something) (in)to (something)
- condense to
- put (someone or something) ahead of (someone or something)
- put (someone or something) in front of (someone or something)
- put ahead
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a crack at (someone or something)
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- a bird in hand
- a bird in the hand