compromise (with) (one's) principles(redirected from compromise principles)
compromise (with) (one's) principles
To forsake, ignore, or otherwise go against one's fundamental beliefs or virtues. I never thought he would compromise his principles just to get ahead in business like that. Jane felt really guilty about compromising with her principles when she didn't turn her friends into the police after she saw them stealing.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- go to the stake
- (one's) (true) stripes
- (one's) true color(s)
- (one's) true colours
- courage of one's convictions, have the
- have the courage of (one's) convictions
- have the courage of convictions
- have the courage of your convictions
- have/lack the courage of your convictions
- lack the courage of (one's) convictions