come after (someone or something)(redirected from comes after me)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
come after (someone or something)
1. To be positioned sequentially after someone or something else. Oh, my exit comes after the one we just passed, so we're almost there.
2. To pursue or seek out someone or something. The police will come after you once they find out you were involved in this crime too.
3. To be a lesser concern than someone or something else. Your schoolwork needs to be your main focus—all of your commitments to sports and extracurriculars come after that.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. To occur following something: The letter C comes after the letter B.
2. To be less important than something: Doing it well comes after getting it done.
3. To chase or pursue someone or something: Look out, the mosquitos are coming after us!
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.