clog up(redirected from clog me up)
1. To obstruct. A noun or pronoun can be used between "clog" and "up." This cold is clogging up my nose and I can hardly breathe.
2. To make constipated. A noun or pronoun can be used between "clog" and "up." That type of food always clogs me up—I was constipated for days the last time I ate it.
clog someone up
[for some kind of food] to constipate someone. This cheese clogs me up. I can't eat it. This food clogs up people who eat it.
clog something up
[for something] to obstruct a channel or conduit. The leaves clogged the gutters up. They clogged up the gutter.
[for a channel or conduit] to become blocked. The canal clogged up with leaves and mud.
1. To obstruct some passageway: The fallen leaves clogged up the drainpipe. The sediment clogged the pipe up.
2. To cause something to become obstructed: I clogged up the sink with some leftover food. This nagging cold has clogged my sinuses up.
3. To become obstructed: Call the plumber; the toilet clogged up again.