Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to clip: Video clip
2. tv. to kill someone. Frank and John had set out to clip Rocko first.
3. n. a holder for a marijuana cigarette butt. (see also roach clip.) My clip’s at home in my stash.
4. n. a music video; a short film. This next clip is something you’ll all recognize.
5. n. a fast rate of speed. You were moving at a pretty good clip when you ran into the truck.
6. tv. to sock someone. Max clipped Lefty on the jaw, and Lefty drew his gun.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- at a clip
- at a fast clip
- at a fast, good, steady, etc. clip
- at a good clip
- clip (one's) wings
- clip (something) from (something)
- clip (something) out of (something)
- clip a butt
- clip from
- clip joint
- clip on
- clip on(to) (someone or something)
- clip out
- clip out of
- clip over the ear
- clip somebody's wings
- clip someone’s wings
- clip someone's wings
- clip someone's wings, to
- clip wings
- go at a fast clip
- move at a fast clip
- roach clip
- run at a fast clip
- travel at a fast clip