cinch up(redirected from cinched up)
To make something tighter, often by pulling the strap or string on something. If your sweatpants are falling down, try cinching up the drawstring.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
To tighten some drawstring or strap, especially a saddle girth: I cinched up the saddle girth before mounting the horse. I cinched up the hood of my jacket to keep the rain out.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a whack at (something)
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a crack at (someone or something)
- all right
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- all for the best
- a thing of the past