Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to chill: chilli
See chill out
1. and chilly n. a cold can of beer. Hey, toss me a chill, would ya, buddy? How ’bout a chilly, Billy?
2. tv. to kill someone. (Underworld.) I’ll chill you with one blast from my cannon, you creep!
3. tv. to frighten someone. (Standard English.) The prospect of having to go in there alone chilled Willy, but he went in anyway.
4. tv. to reject someone. She chilled me once too often. I won’t take that from a dame.
5. Go to chill (out).
6. tv. & in. to relax; to cause someone to relax; to hang out [with someone]. (see also chill (out).) They are chilling now. For a while they were real rowdy.
- a chill pill
- a chill runs/goes down (one's) spine
- a chill runs/goes down somebody's spine
- be chilled to the marrow
- chill (one) to the bone
- chill (one) to the marrow
- chill (one's) action
- chill action
- chill girl
- chill out
- chill somebody to the bone/marrow
- chill someone’s action
- chilled to the bone
- chilled to the marrow
- libel chill
- Netflix and chill
- no chill
- put the chill on
- put the chill on (someone or something)
- put the chill on someone
- send a chill down (one's) spine
- send a chill down your spine
- send a chill up (one's) spine
- send chills down (one's) spine
- send chills up (one's) spine
- take a chill pill
- take the chill off
- take the chill off (of) (something or some place)