Also found in: Wikipedia.
?Note: This page may contain content that is offensive or inappropriate for some readers.
1. noun, rude slang Something insignificant, trivial, or unimportant. Oh, don't believe anything you hear from them—it's all just chicken shit.
2. adjective, rude slang Insignificant, trivial, or unimportant. Oh, don't believe anything you hear from them—it's all just chicken shit rumors.
3. adjective, rude slang Cowardly or full of fear. I knew he was too chicken shit to climb up here with me!
1. Contemptibly petty or insignificant. For example, He has spent his life making up chicken shit rules that nobody follows anyway. This expression gained currency during World War II, when it was often applied to the enforcement of petty and disagreeable military regulations. [ Vulgar slang; c. 1930]
2. Cowardly, as in You're not too chicken shit to come along, are you? [ Vulgar slang; mid-1940s]
1. n. virtually nothing. (From chicken feed. Usually objectionable.) Fifty bucks! That’s just chicken shit!
2. mod. cowardly. (Usually objectionable.) You are such a chicken shit coward! Stand up and fight!
3. mod. worthless. (Usually objectionable.) I don’t want this chicken shit pizza! Get me one with pepperoni on it, not dead fish.