chew on (something)(redirected from chews on)
chew on (something)
1. Literally, to bite or gnaw on something. The baby has been completely miserable lately, except for when he's chewing on a teething ring.
2. To contemplate something. I've been chewing on this job offer for days, but I still haven't made a decision.
chew on someone or something
1. to gnaw at something. The dog was chewing on my shoe.
2. Go to chew something over.
1. To bite and grind something with the teeth: If we give the puppy a bone, maybe it will stop chewing on our shoes.
2. To meditate or ponder something; think about something: I chewed on the question for a full minute before answering.