chew(redirected from chewing)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to chewing: Chewing ice
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. verb, informal To chew tobacco. I took up chewing as a way of giving up smoking. I hate it when they chew in here. They always leave the glasses they spit into lying around the place.
2. noun, informal Chewing tobacco. Hey, bud—got any chew? I'm fresh out.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
in. to eat. Man, I’m hungry. It’s time to chew!
mod. abused. After that argument at the office yesterday, I really felt chewed.
See also: chew
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- angry enough to chew nails
- bite off more than (one) can chew
- bite off more than can chew
- bite off more than one can chew
- bite off more than one can chew, to
- bite off more than you can chew
- chew (away) at (something)
- chew (one's) own tobacco
- chew at
- chew away
- chew cud
- chew face
- chew it finer
- chew off
- chew on
- chew on (something)
- chew on the scenery
- chew out
- chew over
- chew own tobacco
- chew someone out
- chew something over
- chew the
- chew the cheese
- chew the cud
- chew the cud, to
- chew the fat
- chew the fat/rag, to
- chew the rag
- chew the scenery
- chew the/(one's) cud
- chew up
- chew up the scenery
- I don't chew my cabbage twice
- mad enough to chew nails
- mad enough to chew nails and spit rivets
- walk and chew gum (at the same time)