cheesehead(redirected from cheese-heads)
1. Someone who is dumb or stupid. Did you hear that guy's ridiculous question? Geez, what a cheesehead.
2. Someone from the state of Wisconsin (which is known for producing a lot of cheese), especially a fan of the Green Bay Packers football team. (Their fans commonly wear novelty headgear shaped like pieces of cheese.) Of course he thinks the Packers are going to win the Super Bowl—he's a total cheesehead. Yep, I'm a cheesehead—I was born in Wisconsin.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a stupid-acting person. Is this cheesehead bothering you?
2. n. someone from the state of Wisconsin. (Much cheese is made is Wisconsin. Not usually derogatory.) I moved to Wisconsin and became a cheesehead.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- be put in charge (of someone or something)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- be left in charge (of someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be like ships that pass in the night
- be ships that pass in the night
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be like ships passing in the night
- be out of somebody's league