charge (one) with (something)(redirected from charged me with)
charge (one) with (something)
1. To officially accuse one of a crime. They finally caught Capone by charging him with tax evasion.
2. To assign one a particular task. Don't worry, I charged my top aide with that assignment, so we should have an update soon.
charge someone with something
1. to place criminal charges against someone. The police charged Max with robbery.
2. to order someone to do a particular task. The president charged him with organizing the meeting. We charged her with locating new office space.
1. Impose a duty or task on, as in He was charged with getting this message to the commissioners. [c. 1300]
2. Accuse of a crime, as in He was charged with creating a disturbance. [Mid-1500s]