catch (someone's) fancy(redirected from caught our fancy)
catch (someone's) fancy
To be appealing or pleasant to someone; to be intriguing or of interest to someone. A: "Do you want to go to a movie later on?" B: "I don't know, there's nothing that really catches my fancy in theaters right now." I'm not going to declare my major until I've had a couple years in college to see what ends up catching my fancy.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
catch/take/tickle somebody’s ˈfancy(informal) please or attract somebody: Mary seems afraid some other girl will catch Alan’s fancy. ♢ She saw that the picture had taken my fancy and insisted on giving it to me as a present.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- brief (someone) about (someone or something)